One of my favorite people Miranda July is out with a new movie. Her name may sound familiar because she’s done a lot of movie making and writing in her life. For instance, she wrote, directed and acted in Me and You and Everyone We know. I can watch that movie back and forth, forever and remain intrigued, which is something I look for in a favorite movie. Y’know?
Below is the trailer for The Future, the newest film that July wrote, directed and starred in. It’s expected to play in select theatres beginning July 29. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to this. Miranda July truly is one of a kind and her work reflects that.
Not sure if this is your thing? July created a diagnostic test to evaluate whether or not this movie is something you’d enjoy. Take it:
Make a mark on a piece of paper for each “true” answer.
1. “I have survived a devastating break-up.” [true/false]
2. “I want to have a kid, but I’m also worried a kid will make it impossible for me to pursue my dreams. Especially since I’m already finding that pretty hard.” [true/false]
3. “I feel guilty about the above statement.” [true/false]
4. “I often find meaning in coincidences.” [true/false]
5. “I would like to take a break from being myself.” [true/false]
6. “I would like this break to involve sex, ice cream, and sheets with a high thread count.” [true/false]
7. “I think cats are pretty wonderful.” [true/false]
8. “I have a serious problem with procrastination that borders on paralysis at times.” [true/false]
9. “The job I have requires me to hide my soul.” [true/false]
10. “I spend way to much time online.” [true/false]
Now tally up your marks. If the resulting number is even, then you will love The Future so much it’s not even funny. If the the resulting number is odd then you’re odd. Which makes it hard to know what you’ll think of The Future. Which is something I just have to endure.
Still not sure? Check out the trailer:
P.S. Yesterday I saw Bridesmaids and it was pretty good. I may be bias though because I kind of want to be best friends with Kristen Wiig.